2021 TRIAL OF NEW ARRANGEMENTS
Northside Wizards are continually assessing our processes and procedures to better support our members. Following last weekend’s junior games we conducted a risk assessment of our building entry and exit procedures, overlaid with the current industry-safe Covid plan and decided to trial a new approach commencing Friday 19th February. The trial will allow patrons to enter the building when they arrive, rather than wait outside for the previous games to be finished. It is imperative, however, that all patrons co-operate with the new arrangements to make it a success.
The new arrangements will require:
- Players and spectators to arrive at the venue with sufficient time to park and be ready for the start of their game
- Everyone other than players to check in prior to entry using the QR Codes provided
- Everyone to sanitise on entry to the building
After entry to the building and while waiting for the previous game to finish:
- all patrons for courts 1 and 2 including players should make their way to the grandstand and find a seat
- all patrons for courts 3, 4 and 5 including players should make their way to the baseline of the relevant court (scoreboard end). If seats are available without encroaching on the 2sqm per person rule, find a seat
Social distancing must be observed whilst entering/exiting the building and whilst waiting for your game to start.
Once the previous game has finished:
- teams, coaches and spectators should leave as soon as possible via the main exit, unless staying for a meal in the café area
- teams and coaches for the next game wait until the previous team has cleared the bench AND the officials have cleaned the area then you can can go to your bench
- spectators are to wait until the seating area is sufficiently cleared to allow for social distancing, then find a seat
Wizards game day staff will be on hand to answer any questions and facilitate the flow of people in and out of the building. Maximum spectator numbers still apply and we recommend no more than 2 spectators per player. Once maximum numbers have been reached, no further spectators can be admitted until the numbers have reduced.
If everyone follows these simple rules we can make these arrangements permanent:
- Stay home if unwell
- Check in using QR Code
- Social distance
- Leave promptly after your game
Each team should now provide one scoretable official for their game. Basketballs are permitted but should remain in the player’s bag until the start of the official warm-up.
If everyone co-operates we can make this work!
Northside Wizards NISC Building entry/exit – last updated 18/02/21. Abuse of staff and refusal to follow directions will not be tolerated and you will be directed to leave!